Welcome, welcome… come on in, sit down, make yourself comfortable! Help yourself to the salads and everything else you might want to put on the grill (which is outside on the balcony, mind you!). Relax! Let me get you a drink – whatever you like, it’s all here on storage on the table next to the deserts – which you can help yourself to afterwards of course, along with tea (yes, I also offer Barry’s 😉 ) and coffee 🙂
So how are you? How was your week? I’m anxious to hear what you’ve got to share with us 🙂 ! Here’s my little story I’m sharing for you for this BBQ Blogger Party:
Growing up in South America I had a very different lifestyle. When I think of summer, it is true, lovely hot summer full of sunshine. Unlike what you find here… Although it has gotten much better these past few years I must say, with temperatures rising well above 30°C and nearly no urge to go abroad for a summer break 😉 But when I think of summer, I think of sunshine galore of course. And of the beach. And there are songs that bring back this feeling immediately. Now I don’t mean the modern stuff which is of course fantastic as well, but they just make me wanna dance and think of the sunshine. When I hear the old stuff that was on when I was a kid, I can truly feel the summer.
I feel the heat upon my body. I feel the sand between my toes as I’m walking around the beach barefoot, holding my father’s hand. I can smell the scent of fried fish and patacones (fried salty bananas). I can taste the food… And I see myself in front of a sea of shells as I’ve only ever seen in one other beach around the globe afterwards… Cupping my hands to scoop the most colourful shells I’ve ever seen (I still have one of those!!!) and decorating a sand castle I’m building together with my brother and a bunch of kids that are playing with us. Yes, that is how I literally can feel summer – by listening to these cheesy old songs.
Let me share one of those with you – the translation roughly saying that you ought to move your booty because it makes you feel better. And that they all are doing it – the whale, the mermaid, Wonder Woman as she dances with Superman, Donald Duck as he watches himself in the mirror, the dog as he begs for a bone… So here it goes – listen to it, try to feel the summer and move your booty to the music 🙂
Right, so that was my share to the BBQ blogger party 🙂 I’m very anxious to hear your part!!! Feel free to share and invite your friends over, there’s enough space for everyone 🙂 Here are the rules again in case you just bumped in (welcome 🙂 ! ) :
How does it work?
Well, there are several ways you can join in. Here are the different options for you:
- Share a story about your best summer experience
- Share a song you can’t be without during summer
- Share your favourite summer dish
- Share a wonderful picture that represents “summer” to you
- Share a DIY of a wonderful decoration that brings in summer into your home
- Share your favourite summer outfit
- or if you can’t nor want to do any of the above, just come by and say hello – there’s room for everyone 🙂
- On Sunday 31st of July 2016, any time, share whatever it is you’d like to share and attach my Party Icon in your blog post.
- Link back to my Summer Party blog
- Post the link to your summer post in the comment section of the Party blog on the 31st of July (just here below)
- Feel free to roam around the other blog posts and be generous with comments or/and likes 🙂 This is your space to get to know each other 🙂
- Browse through the blog of the person that posted before and after yourself and leave comments on at least 3 of their blog posts. (I will do so on the person posting first and last)
- Feel free to invite all of your friends over – let’s make this a lovely party and enjoy ourselves together 🙂 !!!
Here’s the BBQ Party icon you may use to invite fellow friends and bloggers, and attach to your summer blog post:
And now – let’s party 🙂 !!!