I intended writing this post yesterday but was in a KM-frenzy – sorry about that! I will be posting and update soon (hopefully) about how I got on with my messy room now after a year and showing you if I managed to reach my goal I set up last year – featuring a video of the last few weeks 🙂
I also figured I didn’t need to rush myself and bother posting this yesterday – I was probably the only sad sod sitting at home on New Year’s Eve with no one to be reading this post anyhow – although the question is if the hung over people would read it today 😉 Sorry, just joking (halfway…) – I am currently indulged in my own misery and I read that allowing to feel one’s feelings shall be good for them, so there you are 😉
I must tell you: 2015 has been a hell of a year – in a negative way. I had a pretty bad start and a worse ending. In between I frantically tried to keep up with things and specially tried to keep myself together. Just as I was thinking I might be alright after all and things were getting better, a few last WHOOSHES swept me off my feet. And now I’m at the bottom again, trying to pick up the pieces left scattered around, and trying to make a fresh start.
Fresh year. Fresh start. That sounds good! Brilliant, even…
But let’s not forget about the important things I’ve learned this year, and things I’m specially grateful for:
* I can always count on lovely friends and family and I can feel their support and love ❤
* I dove into the blogging world – what an interesting journey that has been!
* I managed to reach 7 of my 15 resolutions I set up last year (…hey – that’s more than half! 😉 )
* I topped one hell of a resolution I had kept mentally but thought was too far out to write down – WOHOO – go me!!!
* I’ve learned so much on my decluttering journey, also with the great help of Marie Kondo
* Through some issues I had in the beginning of the year, I learned a lot about myself, about life, about letting go, about being grateful… Maybe, in the end, I shall really look at the whole thing as a chance and be happy that it happened to me. I might blog about it at some later point, but I’m not ready for it yet. So bear with me 😉
So yes, it has not all just been negative, but it’s been quite a struggle… A major struggle. But the good thing is – hey – it can’t get much worse now, can it 😉 ? I shall be trying to see things more positively from now on (which is one hell of a task for me actually since I tend to see it positively for everyone else but me!) and see what happens this year… 🙂 And, quoting a good wise friend of mine – it’s fine, because I’m healthy. She’s right! So I shall be grateful I’m healthy on top of this all…
So again – a very happy new year to you – may it be brilliant 🙂 !!!
About the photograph: These are some cacti with glitter I found on a stroll through Zürich – they were displayed amongst other great glittery stuff on a window sill of a flower shop. I don’t know for how long I stood there in front of that flower shop toying around with my camera but it was too much fun, specially because their interior decor was just amazing! For the shot I used the Star Filter on the Creative Control set of my camera which gave me a nice and corny picture 😉 In deep blog conversations with Mara Eastern she inspired me to make something out of the picture – combined with the wishes of an old Irish friend wishing me a “brilliant” new year, I created the final picture above, which goes well together with the further signification of “brilliant”, meaning also “full of light; shining intensely”. Thank you dear Mara 🙂