Let me share a fairly easy-to-do meal with you. I named it after the dear person who showed me how to do it, and I’m still amazed by the simplicity of it and yet deliciousness. It’s basically veggies and fish, nothing more 🙂
Maybe some of you are as lazy as me when it comes to cooking. Maybe others are just untalented (or untrained – or both!) like me, and would be happy enough to have a handy recipe like this one. Trust me, you’ll love it 🙂
As mentioned before – all you actually need is veggies and some white fish. I’m sure another sort of fish would do as well, but since I’m not a good cook and have no clue about do’s and don’ts regarding details and food, I just stick to the thing my friend showed me ;). For the veggies you can basically throw in anything you like. This would also be a good meal to use all the left over veggies you might have in your fridge. I’ve done it for this meal I’m showing you now as well. I’ve used one zucchini/courgette, one aubergine, one red pepper and five small carrots. But let me write it down for you:
- any sort and any amount of veggies you like
- a piece of garlic
- a bit of lemon juice (I used half a lemon)
- white fish (I used a pangasiusfilet – could be a catfish I think in English?)
- olive oil
- aluminium foil
- Chop all the veggies into small pieces and put them in a big bowl.
- Mix the veggies thoroughly with olive oil and rosemary.
- Rub a bit of garlic onto the baking plate.
- Put all of the vegetables into the oven for 35 min (200°C)
- Keep stirring and turning veggies every once in a while.
- Wash the fish, put lemon and salt on it.
- Place small pieces of butter on foil and the fish on top.
- Close the foil while leaving a bit of air in it (you then have two sort of “lunch bags”).
=> fish needs 15 min, place it over the veggies after 20 min.
You can then enjoy a most delicious simple meal – I must tell you, I just totally l.o.v.e. it!!! Me man was so funny and exclaimed “hey, you can actually cook!” 😀
Do you also have a simple recipe you love doing? Please feel free to share it with me – you’ll do me such a great favour 😀 😀 😀
“En Guete”, as we would say here, or just
“enjoy your meal”